AUGUST 21, 2023
Telesto Strategy to host an industry showcase event at the Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) Annual Conference
In partnership with Academic City University College, U.S. Department of State Office of Global Partnerships, the Coalition for Climate Entrepreneurship (CCE), and ANDE, Telesto’s Climate Tech Accelerator cohort will be featured to spotlight the dynamic and growing startup ecosystem
ACCRA, Ghana and CHICAGO, IL, September 2023 – As a culmination of Telesto Strategy’s early-stage Climate Tech Accelerator in Ghana, Telesto will be hosting an industry showcase event as part of ANDE’s annual conference in Ghana on September 14.
Telesto’s Climate Tech Accelerator was launched in June to support the development of a regional pipeline of investable, climate-focused startups across Ghana, in collaboration with Academic City University college, U.S. Department of State Office of Global Partnerships and Coalition for Climate Entrepreneurship (CCE), and Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE).
The cohort will share their enhanced business pitches to a panel of independent judges and a winner will be selected as recognition of their development and accomplishments throughout the program. Startups include:
- Iddi Faried Mohammed (Business Lead), Umar Farouk Mubaraka (Finance Lead), Longi Adam Hayendimah (Operations Lead), and Dr. Mohammed Latifa (Quality Assurance Officer) from Kodu Technology. Kodu Technology is a revolutionary company in the feminine hygiene industry that has introduced a unique and innovative product called the Banana Sanitary Pad. With a commitment to sustainability and women’s health, Kodu Technology aims to redefine the traditional concept of menstrual care, placing a strong emphasis on research and development to ensure the highest quality of its products.
- Dena Montague (Executive Director), Jill Sarkodie Addo (Chief Operating Officer), Salifu Zakaria (Managing Director), Padiga Seidu Saibu (Director of Engineering), Abubakar Naziru , and Barnabas Sabbogu from ÉnergieRich. ÉnergieRich, a clean energy company focused on producing solar solutions locally, works to advance opportunities for communities to establish durable renewable energy and technology access through local production of innovative and appropriate technology.
- Agudor Agabas (Co-founder & CEO) and Alidu Hadija (Co-founder & COO) from AppCyclers. AppCyclers is an innovative e-waste management startup which leverages web technology, data analysis, and community sensitization programs to ensure safe disposal and management of e-waste. Their flagship product is a web-based platform which digitizes the collection of e-waste and provides an online marketplace to enhance the supply chain and the purchase and sales of recyclable raw materials from e-waste.
- Anthony Owusu-Ansah (CEO), Ruth Ethel Folie (Head of Business), and Livinglove Godwill Nyumutsu (Head of Operations & Finance) from ShaQ Express. ShaQ Express is a tech startup that is revolutionizing the e-commerce and logistics industry through the strategic integration and use of electric motorbikes. Their mission is to create a seamless and sustainable platform that connects vendors and customers while prioritizing eco-conscious last-mile delivery solutions.
- Audrey S-Darko (Founder) from Sabon Sake. Sabon Sake is a clean tech company using closed-loop carbon capture systems coupled with regenerative agriculture and an understanding of soil microbiology to solve the pressing challenges of climate change, soil degradation, and food insecurity in an evolving world.
- Jeffrey Assibey (Managing Partner) from Sensus Systems. Sensus Systems is focused on leveraging sensing technology to empower partners to protect people, natural ecosystems, and operations. An area of focus is investigating the impact of climate change and IUU fishing activity on fish stock populations and migration paths. Their investigative technology includes underwater acoustic sensors, long range cameras among other sensing technology. Sensus’ underwater sensing technology was originally developed by researchers at the Maritime Security Center at Stevens Institute of Technology, a DHS Center of Excellence. Sensus is partnering with Stevens MSC to investigate deploying and implementing this system in Ghana and the Gulf of Guinea.
Over the course of the 15-week Accelerator Programs, entrepreneurs received focused training on climate trends, pitch refinement, business and impact modeling, commercialization, and day 1 readiness, with weekly fireside chats with industry leaders from Academic City University College, GoodSoil VC, YALI West Africa, Pangea Capital, Arm, USAID, Mwungano ESG, Tides Foundation, and the U.S. State Department. Regular pitch practice sessions gave cohorts the space to practice their communication skills and receive quality feedback from Telesto staff and fellow entrepreneurs.
As this cohort graduates from the program, they will join a virtual community supported by Telesto and its network of coaches, mentors, and SMEs.
About Telesto Strategy
Telesto Strategy, a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), is an ESG-focused strategy consulting firm founded with a bold vision to support businesses and governments in the regeneration of the planet’s health, resources, and wellbeing. Telesto aims to achieve this ambition through its dual missions: (i) reframing how businesses, organizations, and countries can achieve enduring and inclusive growth, and (ii) redirecting corporate strategy to solve the biggest challenges of our time while delivering a positive ROI.
Telesto Strategy works globally to connect and activate Climate Capital toward localized climate solutions and climate-positive growth. To do so, Telesto engages with its partners across its key pillars: climate capital marketplace, expert network, engagement accelerator and versatile ESG platform.
Executive Assistant, Telesto Strategy
+1 (224) 730-9937